Consulting Engineering Firm
Relationship with this firm spanned two presidents and growth from 55 to 130 employees. Assignments included:
- advising on growth strategies and marketing tactics
- acquisition of (3) professional firms
- leading internal process to revise share ownership plan and develop new board and management structure
- authoring a formal management review
- conducting periodic surveys
Education Consulting Firm
Retained as controller on a part-time basis. Organized accounts, managed finances, coordinated resources and projects, and created a workflow tracking system.
Landscape Design, Construction & Pottery Sales Firm
Ongoing counsel to the president on business management and business development projects since 2000:
- assisted with separating the business from former partner including managing legal issues
- advised on purchase and lease of head office building
- re-established accounting and financial systems
- implemented strategies for improving cash flow
- re-established pottery sales division
- hired and trained initial staff
Landscape Irrigation Firm
Retained as interim general manager. Led company through the busy season, began modernization of the office operations, developed new accounts and oversaw large installation projects.
Coordinated development of a new marketing strategy including new corporate identity. Assisted the President to implement a computerized estimating and bidding system.
Network Hosting & Services Company
Co-authored business development strategy with the President, and collaborated with the CFO to create and manage financial oversight and reporting.
High-End Building Contractor
Advised owner on financial management, improving cash flow and negotiated on his behalf to obtain better terms with banks and creditors.
NWBC — Supporting Entrepreneurs since 1999